On October 5, the Minister of Innovation, Science and Trade (ISED) wrote a letter to the Standing Committee on Trade and Expertise proposing amendments to Synthetic Intelligence and Knowledge Act (AIDA), which was launched as a part of Invoice C-27 in June 2022. Additional data on AIDA will be present in our earlier replace.
The letter suggests amendments within the following areas:
• specifying roles and obligations for various actors within the AI worth chain;
• clarifying obligations for generative general-purpose AI methods, like ChatGPT;
• defining lessons of methods that may be thought-about excessive affect;
• strengthening and clarifying the function of the proposed AI and Knowledge Commissioner; and
• aligning with the EU AI Act in addition to different superior economies.
Learn the complete replace right here.
Learn half I: Advances in synthetic intelligence laws in Canada
Read more on nintendo