Apple is known to upgrade hardware with every new launch, and as per a new leak by a tipster, this year’s September launch could see a big camera update in the iPhone. The iPhone 15 Ultra, which is what the rumoured moniker is for the highest model of the next launch (the 15 series), could see a major camera upgrade.
In a major shift from its predecessor, the iPhone 14 Pro Max, the camera could have a camera with a “almost as good as a 1-inch sensor.” This was leaked by a tipster, who goes by the username Ice Universe on Twitter.
Improved camera for iPhone 15 Ultra
The iPhone 15 Ultra will have Sony IMX903, according to the tipster, when it comes to the sensor. This Sony IMX903 sensor is about 1/1.14 inches, which is a major upgrade from what the iPhone 14 Pro Max had. The iPhone 14 Pro Max had the IM803 sensor, which was 1/1.28 inches.
What a bigger sensor does is, it ensures better quality images, and also better resolution. This is because it allows more light in.
Among other upgrades for the iPhone 15 Ultra camera, there is a new periscope lens, that will supposedly allow users to take images with 6x zoom. This will happen without any compromises on the picture quality. Even though iPhones have always boasted of good picture quality, they were a little behind when it came to the zoom feature, in comparison to its competitors. Periscope lenses are also part of other phones, like the Samsung Galaxy S23 series.
The new sensor and periscope lens, however, is rumoured to only be part of the top model of the series, the iPhone 15 Ultra. The other phones slated to launch in September as part of the series include iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus and iPhone 15 Pro.
iPhone 15 Ultra: Specifications
According to rumours, the iPhone 15 Ultra will feature a OLED type, 6.73-inches display. It will have a triple-camera setup at the back, with a 48MP main camera. A 12 MP front camera will also be there in the phone.
It will be powered by an Apple A16 Bionic chipset, and will have a 8GB RAM. Additionally, it will have a Hexa-core (Dual-core, 3.46GHz and Quad-core, 2.02GHz) processor. The handset will also have a 4700mAh battery, equipped with fast charging. The phone will have 128GB of built-in storage, without any scope of expansion.
- Arm To Make Its Own Chips: Challenging TSMC, Samsung, Qualcomm, Apple, MediaTek?
- New Apple Beats Studio Buds+ Spotted on FCC, IMDA Sites; Launch Imminent
- Tim Cook Opens Apple Store in Saket, New Delhi: What’s So Special About This Store?
- Apple Store Saket in Delhi to Open Gates at 10AM on April 20
- Apple’s AR/VR Headset May Feature Apps for Health and Wellness, Productivity, Gaming and More
- Xiaomi 13 Ultra vs iPhone 14 Pro Max: Full Specs Comparison
- iPhone 15 Series to Come With Frosted Glass and New Color Options
- Apple CEO Tim Cook inaugurates first retail store in Mumbai; Meets Ambani, Chandra
- Apple To Announce Reality Pro AR/VR Headset, xrOS, New MacBooks, And More At WWDC 2023: Report
- iOS 17 May Introduce Sideloading on iPhones at WWDC 2023
- Apple BKC to Open Tomorrow; Here’s What to Expect
- Google’s Next Big Move: AI-Powered Search Engine in the Works
Best Mobiles in India
You have already subscribed
published: Monday, April 24, 2023, 12:54 [IST]