Announced a couple of months ago, vivo’s V27 family features three models at different price points in the midrange. We already had a look at the V27 Pro, the headliner of the series, and it’s now time to focus our attention on the V27.
In many ways, the same phone as the Pro, the regular V27 swaps out the Dimensity 8200 of the higher-end model for a Dimensity 7200. And, well, that’s it, really. The slightly less powerful chipset (a couple of smaller CPU cores and a couple of GPU cores fewer altogether) brings with it a lower price, and the V27 goes for about 15% less than the Pro for a matching memory configuration.
That means that with the V27, you’re still getting a wonderful, large, 6.78-inch OLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate. The 50MP autofocusing selfie camera is on board too, as are the three rear cameras – a 50MP primary, an 8MP ultrawide, and a 2MP macro (if that still counts as a camera). The V27 may be able to squeeze some extra endurance out of the same 4,600mAh battery thanks to the less demanding chip, and the charging speed shouldn’t suffer either.
It’s nice that the chipset accounts for all of the savings, and the V27 still comes with a color-changing back panel in some of its colorways – vivo’s party trick introduced a while back has remained a staple of the lineup. The V27 is also impressively slim, and the gently curving display is another mark of a premium handset.
vivo V27 specs at a glance:
- Body: 164.1×74.8×7.4mm, 180g; Glass front, glass back, plastic frame; Color changing back panel.
- Display: 6.78″ AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 388ppi.
- Chipset: Mediatek Dimensity 7200 (4 nm): Octa-core (2×2.8 GHz Cortex-A715 & 6x Cortex-A510); Mali-G610 MC4.
- Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM.
- OS/Software: Android 13, Funtouch 13.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 50 MP, f/1.9, 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f/2.2, 16mm, 120˚, 1/4″, 1.12µm; Macro: 2 MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera: 50 MP, f/2.5, (wide), AF.
- Video capture: Rear camera: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected], gyro-EIS; Front camera: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected], gyro-EIS.
- Battery: 4600mAh; 66W wired, 50% in 19 min (advertised).
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (under display, optical).
vivo V27 unboxing
The vivo V27 arrives in full-size gray/silver box that contains a full set of accessories. Most important is the charger – it’s a 66W unit, unlike the 80W one we got with the V27 Pro. In any case, both phones’ specs list a 66W charging capability, so the V27 isn’t being denied anything it rightfully deserves. A cable is also included, of course.
The V27 is also going to be protected out of the box. The display has a factory-applied screen protector film, and a transparent case is also part of the retail bundle.