The Vivo X Flip has officially been unveiled in China. It’s the first clamshell smartphone with a foldable display from the company. The smartphone offers top-of-the-line specs with a flagship Qualcomm chipset, plenty of RAM, copious amounts of storage, and a bright and beautiful inner display complemented by one of the largest cover displays we’ve ever seen. So let’s take a deep dive into the specifications at play here.
Vivo X Flip: Specifications
The Vivo X Flip comes with a 6.74-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with a 21:9 aspect ratio, a refresh rate of 120Hz, HDR10+ certification, and a resolution of 2520 x 1080 pixels. The outer cover display is 3 inches in size.
The clamshell is powered by Qualcomm’s 4nm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chipset. It’s odd that Vivo didn’t go with the latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset as it did for the X Fold 2, but the 8+ Gen 1 is no slouch and can handle anything thrown at it, making daily workflows a breeze. The Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 has 12GB of RAM and up to 512GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
In terms of optics, the Vivo X Flip has a dual-camera setup with a primary 50MP camera and a secondary 12MP ultrawide camera, both accompanied by an LED flash and housed inside a circular camera island with ZEISS branding.
Running the show is a 4,400mAh battery, which is larger than most flip phones on the market, and the only competitor that comes close is the Oppo Find N2 Flip, which has a 4,300mAh cell. In addition, the Vivo X Flip supports fast 44W wired charging.
Lastly, the phone ships with Android 13 out of the box with Vivo’s custom ___ skin on top. It’ll be available in three striking hues: Ling purple, Silk Gold, and Diamond Black.
Vivo X Flip: Price
The Vivo X Flip starts at ¥5999 (~ ₹71,636) for the 12/256GB SKU, and the 12/512GB variant will cost ¥6699 (~ ₹79,995). Vivo hasn’t detailed any info regarding an Indian launch but we’ll keep you posted if any new developments emerge.
- Vivo X Fold 2 launched with new hinge design, Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC, LTPO 120Hz AMOLED Displays
- Vivo Pad 2 Launched: Premium Android Tablet With 2.8K 144Hz Display, Dimensity 9000 SoC, Massive Battery
- Vivo S17 Pro key specifications leaked including 50 MP Sony IMX766V Camera with OIS
- Vivo Launching X Fold 2, X Flip, And Vivo Pad 2 Today: Where To Watch Event Live And What To Expect
- Vivo X90 Plus Specs, Launch Timeline Leaked: Dimensity 9200 SoC, AMOLED Screen Tipped
- Vivo X90 Series To Be Sold on Flipkart: Specifications and Details
- Vivo S17 Series Processor, Camera, and Display Specs Leaked
- Vivo T2 5G India Open Sale Begins Today: Check Specs, Prices, and Offers Of Midrange Android Smartphone
- Vivo X90 series launch date in India set for April 26: Check Expected Price, Specifications
- Vivo X Fold 2, Vivo X Flip full specifications revealed ahead of April 20 launch
- Vivo X Fold 2 Appears on Geekbench With Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Ahead of Launch
- Vivo Y78+ 5G Leaked Image Reveals Dual Rear Camera, Display, And Design Of Midrange Android Smartphone
Best Mobiles in India
You have already subscribed
published: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 19:45 [IST]