As Vivo prepares to launch its premium foldable phone, the X Fold 2, the handset has now been spotted on Geekbench benchmarking platform. The company has teased the phone ahead of its launch in China, which is slated to happen on April 20.
The company has previously revealed a few details about the phone, but the listing on Geekbench confirms several other specifications of the phone. Let’s take a deeper look.
Vivo X Fold 2: Specifications and Features
The handset was listed on the database with model number V2266A. Vivo X Fold 2 reportedly has a motherboard codenamed ‘kalama’. It has three cores at 2.2GHz, four cores at 2.8GHz, and 1 core at 3.19GHz. It is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC, and thus, may be the first foldable phone to be powered by Qualcomm’s latest-generation flagship processor.
The variant as listed on the database has 12GB of RAM and speculations say that it may offer 256GB or 512GB of storage.
The phone will be running on Android 13 OS out of the box. Although the listing doesn’t specify any more details, speculations have been rife about specifications of the phone.
A three camera setup is reportedly part of the phone. This includes a 50MP Sony IMX866 main camera, a 12MP Sony IMX663 ultra-wide camera and a 12MP Sony IMX663 telephoto camera. Additionally, the device is expected to feature a 32mp camera on its cover display for selfies, and another 32MP camera on its foldable display.
A wide 8.03-inch Samsung E6 AMOLED display is said to be a part of the phone. The display will also likely have a 2160 x 1916-pixel resolution. From the designs revealed, the right side of the outer display could be a little curved.
Rumours also suggest that the phone will come with a 4800mAh battery, that supports 120W fast charging.
Vivo X Fold 2 Set to Launch in China on April 20
Vivo is set to launch the new foldable phone, the Vivo X Fold 2 in China on April 20, along with X Flip, and Pad 2. However, there is no word or confirmation on when the premium book-style phone will be launched in global markets.
- Vivo Y78+ 5G Leaked Image Reveals Dual Rear Camera, Display, And Design Of Midrange Android Smartphone
- Vivo Teases X90 Series Launch in India: Rumored Features, Launch Timeline
- Vivo Y78+ Spotted On Geekbench: Mid-Range Android Smartphone With 12GB RAM, SD695 SoC
- Vivo Y100A Launched In India: Check Specs, Features Of Mid-Range Android Smartphone
- Vivo T2 5G, Vivo T2x 5G Affordable 5G Smartphones Launched in India: All You Need to Know
- Vivo Pad 2 Design Renders and Full Specs Leaked Ahead of Launch
- Vivo T2 5G, T2x 5G Launch Today: Where To Watch Livestream Of Midrange Android Smartphones
- Vivo X Fold 2, Vivo X Flip launch date revealed, Pad 2 Android tablet will tag along
- Vivo T2 5G Specifications Leak Via Geekbench Listing: Camera Details Revealed
- Vivo X Fold 2 Promo Posters Surface Online: Flagship Foldable With SD8 Gen2 SoC, Dual AMOLED Displays Tipped
- Vivo X90 Series to Launch in India by April-End: Report
- Live Image Leak Reveals Vivo X Flip’s Foldable Design
Best Mobiles in India
You have already subscribed
published: Friday, April 14, 2023, 13:11 [IST]