-Alap Naik Desai
Poco launched the Poco X5 and Poco X5 Pro in the global markets in February 2023. Meanwhile, iQOO, a sub-brand of Vivo launched the iQOO Neo 7 5G during the same time period.
As the names clearly indicate the Poco X5 5G and the IQOO Neo 7 5G support 5G networks in India. These aggressively priced Android smartphones have several attractive specifications. Let’s compare the specifications and features of these midrange 5G-enabled smartphones to see which one could be a better choice.
iQOO Neo 7 5G Vs Poco X5 5G: Display
The iQOO Neo 7 5G features a 6.78-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate. The display has a peak brightness of 1300 nits and has secured HDR10+ certification. The screen hides an under-display fingerprint scanner.
The Poco X5 features a 6.67-inch Full HD+ AMOLED screen with a 120Hz refresh rate and 1200nits peak brightness. The display is protected with a layer of Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection and features a centered punch-hole notch.
IQOO Neo 7 5G Vs Poco X5 5G: Performance
iQOO has embedded a 4nm octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 8200 SoC in the iQOO Neo 7 5G, which is paired with a Mali-G610 GPU, up to 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, and up to 256GB of UFS 3.1 internal storage.
An octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 SoC, coupled with an integrated Adreno 619 GPU, powers the Poco X5 5G. The Poco smartphone ships with 6GB or 8GB of LPDDR4X RAM and buyers can opt for 128GB or 256GB of UFS 2.2 internal storage.
iQOO Neo 7 5G Vs Poco X5 5G: Cameras
The iQOO Neo 7 5G has a triple rear camera setup on the back. There’s a 64MP primary camera with OIS support, a 2MP macro sensor, and a 2MP depth sensor. Strangely, iQOO has dropped the 8MP ultra-wide camera, which was present on the Neo 6 5G. There’s a 16MP front-facing camera nestled inside the hole-punch cutout on the display for selfies, video calls, and face unlock.
The Poco X5 5G features a triple camera setup on the back, comprising a 48MP primary camera. There’s an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, a 2MP macro sensor, and an LED flash. The smartphone has a 13MP front-facing camera for selfies, video calls, and face unlock.
iQOO Neo 7 5G Vs Poco X5 5G: Battery
iQOO has embedded a 5000mAh battery inside the iQOO Neo 7 5G, which supports 120W wired fast charging. There’s a 5000mAh battery inside the Poco X5 5G too, but it supports a significantly slower 33W wired fast charging.
While both smartphones have the same battery capacities, the iQOO smartphone will be able to recharge at a much faster speed. Battery endurance, on the other hand, will largely depend on usage patterns.
iQOO Neo 7 5G Vs Poco X5 5G: Which One To Buy?
The iQOO Neo 7 5G and the Poco X5 5G are mid-range Android smartphones. These smartphones feature most of the relevant upgrades that buyers desire.
Even though both smartphones support 5G networks in India, the Poco X5 5G has a Snapdragon 695 SoC, which does fall short of the Dimensity 8200 chipset powering the iQOO Neo 7 5G.
The Poco smartphone starts at a much lower price point but still manages to pack a 120Hz AMOLED screen. Hence, it offers significantly more value for the money spent. But, if smartphone buyers are looking for a powerful chipset for mobile gaming, they should consider the iQOO smartphone.
- Poco C51 Ultra-Affordable Smartphone Launched in India: Check Price, Specs, Availability
- Poco C51 to Launch on April 7 in India, as Per New Leak
- Poco C51 Specs Leak: Entry-Level Android Smartphone Could Be A Rebadged Redmi A2+
- Poco F5 5G India Launch Tipped: First Android Smartphone With SD7+ Gen 2 SoC In India?
- Vivo V27 Pro 5G Vs Poco X5 Pro 5G: Specs, Display, Features, Compared
- Poco X5 5G Vs Realme 10 Pro 5G: Specs, Display, Features, Compared
- Poco X5 5G India Launch Teased: Android Smartphone With SD695 SoC, AMOLED Screen Arriving This Month
- Poco X5 5G May Launch in India in May 14, Pricing Details Leaked
- Poco Announces Android 13-Based MIUI 14 Update Timeline
- Poco C55 Launched In India: Check Specs, Features, and Price Of Budget Android Smartphone
- Poco X5 GT Gets IMDA Certified; Expected to Launch Soon
- Poco C55 India Launch Confirmed: Here’s Everything You Need To Know About Budget Android Smartphone
Best Mobiles in India
You have already subscribed
published: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 10:30 [IST]