Motorola launched the Motorola Edge 40 Pro this week. Besides the flagship Android smartphone of 2023, Motorola is also readying its slightly toned-down version.
The design renders of the Motorola Edge 40 have surfaced online, which reveal some key specifications. Additionally, the features of the premium Android smartphone, tipped to be powered by a flagship-grade MediaTek Dimensity SoC, have been leaked. Let’s take a look at all the available details of the as-yet-unannounced Android smartphone from Motorola.
Motorola Edge 40 Design Renders Reveal Screen, Camera, And Other Details
Motorola recently launched the Moto Edge 40 Pro as its flagship smartphone for 2023. It appears Motorola has rebadged the Moto X40 for markets outside China.
Motorola Edge 40 5G is rumored to launch soon. As the name suggests, the Android smartphone will sit below the Edge 40 Pro. Some reports claim Motorola will launch the Edge 40 5G a few weeks after launching the Motorola Edge 40 Pro in India.
Motorola Edge 40: other colors are nice, but not as insane pic.twitter.com/nNbEUBoaro
— Roland Quandt (@rquandt) April 6, 2023
The Edge 40 design renders reveal the phone will launch in three color options globally: Lunar Blue, Nebula Green, and Eclipse Black. There could be a special Viva Magenta color option, but it might be available only in the US market.
The Motorola Edge 40 5G looks similar to the Motorola Edge 40 Pro. However, the non-Pro model has a dual camera setup on the back. The Edge 40 5G appears to have a curved display with a hole-punch cutout at the top center to house a 32MP front-facing camera.
Motorola Edge 40 5G Leaked Specifications, Features
The Edge 40 5G has thin bezels at the top and bottom of the display, as indicated by the design renders. Previous leaks about the smartphone suggest it will have a 6.65-inch Full HD+ 8-bit P-OLED display with a 144Hz refresh rate. The display is tipped to have a resolution of 2400 × 1080 pixels, a peak brightness of 1200 nits, and support for HDR10+.
The Motorola Edge 40 5G is rumored to be powered by an octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 8020 chipset. The flagship-grade SoC is tipped to be paired with 8GB LPDDR4X RAM. Buyers could get to choose between 128GB and 256GB of UFS 3.1 internal storage.
The phone’s dual rear camera setup has a 50MP main camera with an f/1.5 aperture and Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) support. It is tipped to be accompanied by a 13MP ultra-wide camera with a 120-degree field of view. There’s a 32MP front camera for selfies, video calls, and face unlock.
A previous leak had claimed the smartphone will pack a 4600mAh battery with support for 68W wired fast charging, 8W reverse charging, and 15W wireless charging. The Edge 40 should run Android 13-based MyUX 5.0 out of the box.
The Motorola Edge 40 5G has reportedly secured an IP68 rating for water and dust resistance. Some of the notable connectivity options of the smartphone include 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, USB Type-C, and NFC.
Motorola may launch the phone alongside the Edge 40 Pro later this year. Needless to mention, Motorola hasn’t offered or confirmed any details of the Edge 40 5G.
- Moto G Power 5G With FHD+ Display and MediaTek Dimensity 930 Chipset Announced
- Motorola Razr 40 Ultra AKA Razr+ 2023 Nears Launch With TDRA Certification
- Motorola Razr+ Receives 3C Certification, Launch Imminent
- Motorola Edge 40 Pro Launched: Premium Android Smartphone With SD8+ Gen 2, 12GB RAM
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G Vs Moto G82 5G: Specs, Display, Features, Compared
- Moto Edge+ 2023 Spotted On Google Play Console: SD8 Gen2 SoC, AMOLED Screen, Tipped
- Motorola Razr+ With 3460mAh Battery Spotted on FCC
- Moto G13 With Helio G85 Chipset Launched in India: Price, Features
- Moto Edge 40 Pro Images Leaked Ahead of Launch
- Moto Edge 40, Edge 40 Pro Specifications Leaked
- Motorola Moto G13 Microsite Goes Live: Confirms Key Specifications, Features Of Budget Android Smartphone
- Moto G53s Spotted on Google Play Console, to Feature Snapdragon 480 Chipset
Best Mobiles in India
You have already subscribed
published: Friday, April 7, 2023, 15:48 [IST]